After staying afloat, navigation is the most important job on a boat. Here are some resources to make that job easier.
Free Charts and Software
- Coast Guide to Turkey a free on-line cruising guide
- Free Cruising Guides downloadable cruising guides for the Caribbean.
- Cruising Tips planning charts for the inland waterways of Europe.
- NOAA ENC electronic navigation charts of US waters
- NOAA RNC raster navigation charts of US waters
- OpenCPN Open Source Chart Plotter / Marine Navigator (will run on Linux)
- RCC Pilotage Foundation has much information on passage planning, technical issues, and more
Non-Free Charts and Software
- Canadian Hydrographic Services charts of Canadian waters
- Cruising New Caledonia The CD-ROM based Nautical Rocket Guide to New Caledon
- Euromapping specializes in charts of imland waterways
- Rose Point Navigation Systems makers of Coastal Explorer navigation software.
- GPS Kit is a $9.99 full featured iPhone GPS application.
- Gsarmin GPS, Chartplotters, and much more.
- The Sailing GPS